Managed print solutions are provided by an external party to essentially monitor print activity within a company. They help the printing process become more streamlined, usually leading to reduced waste and reduced costs. With the help of computer software, management are able to understand printing patterns across the different departments in their offices, in order to come up with ways to become more efficient.
In many companies, staff spend a frustrating amount of time on printer related tasks, including scanning, faxing, and photocopying, as well as dealing with device malfunctions and replacing ink cartridges, toners, and paper. A managed print provider will be able to handle this for you, automatically bulk buying new supplies before they run out. This limits the costs associated with storing idle inventory.
What’s more, by auditing the ways in which your print devices are used across the business can allow you to identify ways to consolidate your hardware. In other words, you may not need multiple devices scattered around your premises, taking up space, using up electricity and costing more to maintain.
Another benefit of investing in MPS is that you will be able to improve your information security. When printing, there is often the risk that sensitive documents can be left in output trays, and either be forgotten about or stolen. A managed print service provider using secure printing options. For instance, Follow-Me-Printing is an option, which ensures that print jobs are only released at a time and place convenient to the user after they have provided authorisation by scanning an ID card or inserting a pin.
To summarise, here are some of the key benefits of working with a managed print company:
- Reduced costs: Print managed can help reduce your printing/photocopying costs by up to a third.
- Increased Productivity: By setting up smart notifications, users can be alerted when a printer is busy and re-route the job to another device, decreasing the number of employees waiting around and wasting time for a printer to become free.
- Better Security: Documents containing sensitive data are only released when the user authenticates it, preventing document theft or loss.
- Limited Waste: Becoming more efficient will reduce waste, helping your company become more eco-friendly, while also reducing costs.
- Improved Monitoring: Realtime tracking and regular reports can allow you to monitor your staff’s print consumption across the different departments, giving you more insight into how you can cut back on print spend and allowing you to educate relevant teams.